50 Indie Movies You Need to See Before You Die
Today, June 21, is the official start of summer, a technical bit of information Hollywood’s studio execs have never given a damn about. For them and their expensive beach-season tentpole movies, summer officially begins once May calendars are introduced—meaning, since Iron Man 3, moviegoers have been steadily bombarded with gargantuan flicks the likes of Man of Steel and Fast & Furious 6, and, with World War Z opening, that’s not about to stop anytime soon.
What’s a cinema buff to do? As always, seek out the nearest independent theater and/or art-house venue and drop cash on the latest no-budget films worthy of such concerted efforts. Without that kind of open-mindedness, DIY moviemaking would cease to exist, robbing cinephiles of flicks that could potentially rival the hallowed likes of Reservoir Dogs, The Terminator, and Night of the Living Dead. All of which, yes, were initially inconspicuous, independently made passion projects.
Need some palate cleansers to help you fall back from seeing Man of Steel for the third time? Please consult our list of the 50 indie movies you need to see before you die, because, you know, a terrible, tragic accident could happen while you’re en route to watch Channing Tatum save the world next week in White House Down. Use this to avoid any afterlife regrets.
See the full list at complex.com
- Should we REALLY expect $50 movie tickets? Probably. (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Watch Superhero Films Before They Die (whymoolikesmondays.wordpress.com)
- It Must Suck to be an Extra in a Zombie Movie… (kathrynridley.wordpress.com)
- How to Convince a New Class of Investors They Can Make a Buck Financing an Indie Film (winterfilmawards.com)
- Indievelopment: Your Career in Indie Screenwriting (scriptmag.com)
- Supporting Indie Projects (psyborgtv.wordpress.com)