Hey Filmmakers! Amazon Studios Wants To See Your Shorts… To Turn Into Features
Amazon Studios is inviting filmmakers to submit what they’re calling “short concept videos” that could be expanded into theatrical feature films.
These short films should be 2 to 15 minutes in length, and will be evaluated by the Amazon Studios development staff and considered for option.
The process works like script submission:
– You can submit publicly or privately.
– There is a 45-day option and evaluation period.
– Creators of projects added to the Development Slate receive a $10,000 payment.
So what is Amazon Studios looking for?
Videos that express an idea that’s begging to be seen on the big-screen, in full-length, full-budget form. These could be bold, imaginative worlds, original premises, or unique perspectives. A great concept video doesn’t need to lay out the entire feature film in all three acts, but serve as a solid foundation to build on.
- Amazon Studios gets short with filmmakers (techinamerica.com)
- Don’t want to write a script? Submit a short to Amazon Studios instead (bizjournals.com)
- Holy Final Draft! Amazon Studios Launches Amazon Storyteller; Computer Program Transforms Scripts Into Storyboards (deadline.com)