2014 WFA 48-Hour Challenge Team Information
Thank you for taking part in Winter Film Awards 2014 48-Hour Film Challenge!
Please take lots of photos of your team at work! Post them to Twitter and Facebook using the tag #WFA48
Remember, you must come into our offices at 419 Lafayette Street to turn in your film within 48 Hours of your SIGN IN time. WFA staff will be at our offices by 6:30pm on Sunday night. If your film is late, we may choose to screen it anyway, but you will not be eligible for prizes.
|About the Challenge||Frequently Asked Questions||Official Rules|
All of your Cast and Crew must sign Release Forms. It is your responsibility to ensure signature and hand in the forms to the WFA offices on Sunday night along with your film. You must also procure waivers for all Artwork, Music and Locations that appear in your Film. Your Welcome Packet includes copies of these Forms – make additional copies as needed. You can also print them from the below links.
|Cast & Crew Release||Location Release||Music Release||Artwork Release|
WFA TITLE SEQUENCE
Visit https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofruull8p43xh5l/WFA%20Title%20Card.mp4?dl=0 to download.
Before the finished film begins, each film must have:
- 5 seconds of black
- A title card with: your team name, film title, assigned genre
- The WFA 48-Hour Film Challenge Title Sequence
- 2 seconds of black
- Your film
|Team Information||You must fill in the online TEAM INFORMATION form with complete lists of all team members and indication that your film has met all rules and procured all waivers.|
Screening will take place on Friday, November 21 from 8-11pm at Blondies SportsBar at 212 West 79th Street. All films that meet the rules of the Challenge will be screened. Admission is $5 at the door. “Fan Favorite” ballots will be available for voting, so bring your friends!
Awards will be announced following the screening. Prizes will be awarded for BEST PICTURE, FAN FAVORITE, FIRST RUNNER UP, HONORABLE MENTION and several others.
TIPS FOR TEAMS
Questions? Please contact us via email at info@WinterFilmAwards.com
- Completed films should be in one of the following formats: MP4, MOV, AVI, WMA, MKV
- All Production Work must be performed between Nov 7-9 2014
- Film must be between 2 and 7 minutes long (plus credits)
- Film must follow the standards for a PG-13 rating
- Film may not be posted on YouTube, Vimeo or other public site until after the Screening on Nov 21
- Film must include the required tagline and prop.
- Film must be the assigned genre.
- Final credits may be no more than 30 seconds long
- Film end credits must include: “Created for The Winter Film Awards 48-Hour Film Challenge 2014 – http://www.WinterFilmAwards.com”
- The 48-Hour Clock starts when you Sign In to the Challenge. Your completed film and Team Information must be handed in at our offices within 48 hours after the Sign In time listed above.
- Winter Film Awards will post all completed films that meet challenge requirements to our YouTube Channel. Links will be posted on our website and FB and sent to all Team Leaders by 9am on Nov 11