Learn how NYS can help you produce your next film! #WFA2015
Winter Film Awards is proud to partner with the NY State Governor’s Office to host a roundtable discussion! Meet the team from the New York State Governor’s Office for Motion Picture and Television Development for a discussion of all things productive re: producing in New York State – tax credits, location scouting, finding stages and crew, and more. Whether you’re a first time filmmaker wondering where to start or a veteran producer looking to catch up on the latest, this informal face-to-face Q&A is an invaluable opportunity to Meet Team NY and hear firsthand about all the great things New York State has to offer.
Date: Thursday, February 26
Location: Blue Diamond Theater, 777 Eighth Avenue, 2nd Floor
The 4th Annual WINTER FILM AWARDS Independent Film Festival runs Feb 25-28 2015 with 3 days of screenings, networking events and after-parties. The event offers something for everyone, highlighting the dynamic range of storytelling the independent filmmaking community has to offer. Among the 75 films selected is a diverse mix of documentaries, shorts, features, animation, music videos and horror films from all over the world!
NY Loves Film
There are plenty of great reasons to shoot or post your next production in New York State and from pre-production to final cut, NYS will be your partner every step of the way. Whether it’s a subway shot, a historic village, a search for an award-winning vfx house or even a submarine– we get the picture and we’ve got the goods.
First and foremost, we have one of the most successful, stable and attractive film incentives in the world. We’ve got great locations, from one-of-a-kind landmarks to unspoiled natural wonders and neighborhoods with character. We have one of the biggest talent pools on the planet and every production service you can name at your fingertips. We have over a dozen regional film offices across the state that are as dedicated to helping you produce good work as you are and state agencies and authorities who are committed to getting your job done. We will help you look beyond the obvious and connect you with any and every resource you could possibly need.
What’s more, we take full-service to the next level. In a crunch with a location search deadline? Our Locations Manager will do more than offer images and advice. In certain cases, he will get on the road and scour the State to meet the specs for your project. Need a little more background on what resources the Governor’s Office of Motion Picture and Television Development has to offer? The New York Loves Film Roadshow travels the State setting up workshops to inform veteran filmmakers and novices alike on the many programs and services available. For more information click here.
So whether you’re a feature film, TV series, documentary, webisode or commercial, come to New York State. You will be glad you did.
- New York State Film Production Credit – 30% fully-refundable tax credit on qualified expenses while filming in New York State.
- Commercial Production Tax Credits – Refundable tax credits available for qualified commercials with added incentives for companies increasing volume of work in New York.
- Post Production Credit – A fully-refundable 10% tax credit on qualified post production costs of a qualified production at a qualified post production facility in New York State.
- Sales Tax Exemptions – Film production activities expenses that are exempt from New York State and local sales and use taxes.
- Investment Tax Credit – Up to 5% tax credit on investments in construction and upgrades to qualified film production facilities. PLUS Employment Incentive Tax Credits for 2 additional years.
- Qualified Production Facilities – “Qualified film production facilities” are facilities in the State of New York in which television shows and films are or are intended to be regularly produced, and which contain at least one sound stage of at least 7,000 square feet. Please see the Qualified Film Production list.